A one - off! A beautiful and completely refurbished piano by Grotrian Steinweg.
Originally built in 1920, this piano is a great example of the kind of quality pianos that the manufacturer was building at the height of its success. Grotrian-Steinweg was and still is a German manufacturer of prestige pianos. The company is based in Braunschweig, Germany.Grotrian-Steinweg's history dates back to 1835 when the first Steinweg piano factory was built by Heinrich Engelhard Steinweg (later known as Henry Steinway after his emigration to the US where he founded Steinway & Sons). In 1856, Friedrich Grotrian became a partner; in 1865 his son Wilhelm Grotrian and two associates bought the factory. Ensuing generations of Grotrian family members led the company to become one of the finest piano manufacturers in Germany. Grotrian-Steinweg pianos were preferred by some famous pianists, and they received accolades at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago.